Among our values, MAI holds social justice, civic engagement and protection as core values.
- Social justice: We stand with all marginalized and disadvantaged groups and individuals, at home and abroad, because we believe in human dignity for all.
- Civic Engagement: We believe that Muslim Americans should be distinguished and successful, and be leaders who inspire others and help improve society.
- We believe in mutual help and cooperation to accomplish our goals.
- Protecting the week and vulnerable among us.
- Valuing and investing in women as equal members, fellow activists, and leaders in our communities.
MAI is and partners with organizations that inform and shape public opinion and policy, protect civil liberties, and promote tolerance and social equality. We address public policy concerns and relevant issues to the Muslim Community both domestically and nationally.