An important message from the Muslim COVID advisory panel:
Dear community members, most of us are already overwhelmed by COVID precautions, masks, social isolation, stay at home and other mundane routines. We all are getting tired, depressed, and at times want to get over with it, but we would like to inform the community that it is getting very serious:
- Daily Covid positivity rate in Indiana is 5-6k/day up from an average of 650/day in April.
- statewide death rate is twice the daily maximum in April.
- healthcare system is stretched to maximum in central Indiana.
- ER, hospitals and ICU are all full
- standard of care medical treatment may not be possible in case your loved ones are admitted.
- healthcare system is operating under Covid DISASTER guidelines.
- Indiana COVID numbers are expected to climb and stay at high level in December. Rationing of healthcare resources is imminent.
For the next 30 days everyone should take special precautions and be extra vigilant, use masks, sanitizers, social distancing, avoid unnecessary outdoor activities or gatherings.
Call a Muslim advisory help line 855-683-6244 to seek free advice from a Community physician.
Muslim Medical Advisory Panel